Ethical catering that makes a positive impact one meal at a time
Some of the reasons you'll want to use EatFirst
Have a restaurant-quality experience with your catering order, with authentic dishes prepared just the way they should be.
Every diet covered
Nobody goes hungry on our watch! From gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and halal, we have special diet options to suit all needs.
From fresh Italian to spicy Asian food, we have a catering option for every occasion, taste and budget.
What exactly is ethical catering and why does it matter?
Ethical catering goes beyond simply providing food for your event. It’s a powerful way to make a difference by choosing to support businesses that prioritise social responsibility, sustainability, and giving back to the community.
When you choose ethical catering, you’re not only serving delicious meals but also making a positive impact on the lives of others and the planet. From employing disadvantaged individuals to promoting sustainable practices, ethical catering companies are dedicated to making a difference. By selecting their services, you’re directly supporting their mission to create lasting change.
Ethical catering across Australia
With ethical caterers operating in major cities across Australia, it's never been easier to make a positive impact with your catering choices. Whether you're based in Melbourne, Sydney, Perth, or elsewhere, you can find a caterer that aligns with your values and delivers delicious, responsibly-sourced food to your office.
One great example is Two Good in Sydney. They employ women who have experienced homelessness, domestic violence, and trauma and provide them with stable employment and a chance to rebuild their lives.
Dare to go all-in on plant-based catering? Check out Nagev in Adelaide. its vegan menu is packed with flavour and fun and is sourced from local produce whenever possible.
Some of the sustainable and ethical caterers we work with
Laissez Faire Catering
Golden Fields Catering
We can supply sustainable and ethical catering for
We cater for any special events or occasion
Where to find sustainable catering near you
When searching for your ideal caterer, use the "Social Enterprise” catering filter to find businesses that prioritise ethical practices and make a positive impact in their communities. Here are some that we’ve hand-picked to get you started:
- Two Good Co Catering (Sydney): From yummy morning teas to hearty lunches and fresher salads, enjoy delicious meals while supporting a meaningful cause. Two Good Co Catering employs women who have experienced homelessness, domestic violence, and trauma, helping them rebuild their lives.
- Sevenoaks Catering (Perth): Delight in a wide array of over 80 sweet and savoury platters, served in beautifully-presented recyclable trays. Perfect for both formal and relaxed functions, Sevenoaks Catering offers finger-food-sized options your guests will love.
- Laissez Faire Catering (Sydney): Experience exceptional catering that respects clients, producers, and the environment. Laissez Faire Catering is dedicated to implementing sustainable practices, innovating waste management techniques, and working with suppliers and clients to minimise their environmental footprint while delivering delicious, locally sourced, and seasonal produce.
- Cookery Nook (Brisbane): Support social enterprise catering that provides people with disabilities employment opportunities in a safe, respectful, and supportive environment. Cookery Nook is a part of Mercy Community and a registered Australian Disability Enterprise, offering delicious catering services that directly support their Disability Services.
- Golden Fields Catering (Melbourne): Savor scrumptious meals while supporting the local community. Golden Fields aims for all of its food sources to be supplied by sustainable providers and local suppliers in Melbourne.
- Nagev (Adelaide): Indulge in 100% vegan food that is packed with flavour and fun. Nagev sources local produce when possible, offers gluten-free options, and caters for events both big and small. Say goodbye to limited vegan options and impress your guests with a diverse range of plant-based dishes perfect for any occasion.
Planning your ethical catering menu
Whether you're organising a corporate lunch, a team-building event, or celebrating a milestone, ethical catering is an excellent choice that will satisfy a diverse range of tastes and dietary requirements.
To create an unforgettable experience for your event, consider the following tips when planning your ethical catering menu:
- Opt for seasonal and locally-sourced ingredients to support local businesses and reduce your carbon footprint.
- Include a variety of dishes to cater to different tastes and dietary requirements.
- Plan your menu around plant-based options, which are generally more sustainable and environmentally friendly.
- Choose a caterer that aims to minimise food waste and works with sustainable or reusable packaging.
- Select dishes that showcase a range of cultural cuisines, celebrating diversity and promoting inclusivity (Why not try some Vietnamese or Indian?)
- Request eco-friendly serving utensils, plates, and napkins to help reduce the event's environmental impact.
- Discuss portion sizes with your caterer to prevent over-ordering and reduce food waste.
FAQs about Ethical catering
Why should I choose ethical catering for my event?
Choosing ethical catering for your event not only provides delicious food but also supports businesses that are making a positive impact on the environment and their communities. When you select an ethical caterer, you’re demonstrating your commitment to social and environmental causes while offering your guests an unforgettable dining experience.
Can ethical catering accommodate dietary requirements?
Yes, ethical caterers can accommodate various dietary requirements, such as vegan or vegetarian, gluten-free, and allergy-sensitive options. When planning your menu, make sure to communicate any specific dietary needs to your caterer to ensure no one gets left out.
Are ethical catering options more expensive than traditional catering?
Ethical catering options may sometimes be slightly more expensive than traditional catering due to factors such as:
- Using sustainable or locally sourced ingredients
- Supporting social causes
- Employing eco-friendly practices
However, it’s not always the case and many of our ethical catering partners have similar prices to their counterparts on our platform.
Can ethical caterers provide food for large corporate events?
Yes, our ethical catering partners can provide food for a wide range of events, including large corporate gatherings. When planning your event, communicate your requirements and guest count to your chosen caterer, and make sure you order in advance. If in doubt, get in touch with us and we’ll make sure you’re event can be accommodated.
Our satisfaction guarantee
We delight and deliver in
Your local team for advice, last-minute fixes, or incidents
Your local, dedicated corporate catering experts
Supplier Relationship Managers
Your local team vetting & supporting our catering suppliers
Your local team for navigating & troubleshooting the platform
We support the widest range of suppliers
Local small business
Promoting the best fresh & locally produced options.
Charity and social enterprises
Supporting through promotion, charitable & food contributions
Showcasing fantastic suppliers preserving history through food
We are committed to sustainability
Recyclable kitchen utensils
Opt for trays, cutlery and napkins that are recyclable, compostable, & sustainable.
Locally sourced ingredients
Local and vetted Australian businesses, providing fresh, high-quality food.
Supplier sustainability ratings
We rate our suppliers on important criteria, and showcase this to you.
Hear from our happy clients
‘Delicious food & great customer service’
Order In is perfect for keeping our kitchen well-stocked with food & drinks. We love the wide selection of snacks and fresh fruit. Michael from Order-In always goes out of his way to make sure we have what we need, and to recommend new products for our pantry. Highly recommend!
‘Excellent company to deal with, great food, great staff!’
They have a great selection of suppliers, and their customer service staff is second to none! I have had nothing but great service from them time and time again.
‘It makes my job significantly easier’
Order-In is the easiest possible way to access a great variety of caterers around. It makes my job easier and allows me to have some fun choosing on the way. Thank you for all your help and support.
What’s trending at EatFirst
Cristal is a seasoned writer with a decade of experience in travel, business, and lifestyle writing. As a self-proclaimed foodie, she's spent the last 18 years exploring the globe, savouring dishes from Mexico, Thailand and India—her top foodie destinations. With a penchant for spice and a weakness for chocolate, Cristal loves how her home of Australia never fails to impress with an incredible array of global eats. As an enthusiast in writing, editing, and SEO, she joined the EatFirst team in 2023, ready to share her enthusiasm and knowledge with fellow food lovers.
Get a personalised quote
Our corporate catering experts will work with you to craft the perfect experience, based on your individual requirements across budget, food type & dietaries.Get a quote