Traditional and unique Indigenous catering for unforgettable corporate occasions
Experience authentic Indigenous food with a modern twist
Australia's culinary heritage goes far beyond the classic meat pie, BBQ snags and pavlova. Take your corporate catering to new heights by embracing the rich and diverse flavours of traditional Aussie tucker.
From mouth-watering meats cooked in the earth to the delicate flavours of native herbs and spices, every dish tells a story. You can treat your office to a dining experience like no other with Indigenous catering that combines traditional techniques with a modern twist.
Share in the rich cultural heritage of Indigenous Australia
With more than 65,000 years of history, Aboriginal and Indigenous food boasts ingredients that are all about the diverse flavours of our backyard. Choosing Aboriginal catering for your corporate event is an opportunity to share in the vibrant heritage of Indigenous Australia.
It’s not just a tasty bite to eat either. Our Indigenous catering partners take pride in showcasing their culture through culinary art. You can discover ancient food traditions while enjoying a delicious meal that embodies the very essence of Indigenous Australia.
Kallico Catering (NSW)
We cater for any special events or occasion
Discover the flavours of traditional Aboriginal food
The culinary landscape of Australia extends far beyond its iconic dishes. In fact, our vibrant Australian indigenous food culture showcases a diverse array of native ingredients.
Here are some examples of traditional Aboriginal food you can experience with our catering partners:
- Kangaroo and emu meat: Lean and rich in protein, these meats have been a staple in Aboriginal diets for centuries
- Quandongs: These native fruits pack a punch with their tart flavour and are high in Vitamin C and antioxidants
- Finger limes: Often referred to as "citrus caviar", these fruits provide a burst of tangy flavour and are rich in nutrients
- Bush tomatoes: A staple in the central deserts of Australia, these fruits offer a robust, tangy flavour when sun-dried
- Macadamia nuts: Indigenous to Australia, these buttery and nutritious nuts can be enjoyed whole or ground into a paste
- Aniseed myrtle: With its licorice-like aroma and flavour, this versatile spice can be found in both sweet and savoury dishes
- Saltbush: A hardy Australian plant whose salty leaves can be used fresh or dried to add flavour and nutrients to various dishes
- Native pepper berries: These berries offer a spicy kick and unique flavour
More reasons to consider to know about Aboriginal catering for your corporate event
Catering with traditional Aboriginal foods offers a unique opportunity to explore the rich and diverse culinary traditions of Indigenous Australia.
From time-honoured techniques to native ingredients, here are some fascinating aspects of Aboriginal food you can expect to discover:
- The term "bush tucker" refers to native Australian foods that Indigenous people have traditionally sourced from the land and sea
- These ingredients include fruits, nuts, seeds, herbs, vegetables, and proteins like kangaroo, emu, and crocodile
- Around 5,000 species of native food were used by indigenous Australians
- Australian indigenous food boasts a range of distinctive flavours derived from native ingredients, such as lemon myrtle, wattleseed, quandong, and finger lime
- Aboriginal cooking often incorporates traditional methods such as earth ovens, where food is cooked underground using heated rocks, or smoking
- Its use of sustainable and locally-sourced ingredients reflects the deep connection Indigenous Australians have with the land and their commitment to preserving the environment
- Food plays a vital role in Indigenous Australian culture, with many ingredients and dishes carrying deep-rooted cultural significance
What’s on the menu from our Indigenous caterers?
Gather Foods (Perth) shines with its breakfast and morning and afternoon tea selection. Think wattleseed damper with native thyme cream cheese and bacon and native herb egg sliders. Sweet tooths will love the sandalwood nut tarts or the chocolate and pepper berry brownie. You’ll be able to take care of lots of dietary requirements here with vegan/vegetarian, gluten free and even keto meals on offer.
Something Wild (Adelaide) is all about grazing platters for hungry office workers. You’ll find unique bites like kangaroo jerky, venison mettwurst, and native-inspired dips. These platters will definitely have your guests talking!
Kallico Catering (Sydney) makes a native morning tea possible with its wide selection of indigenous bush tucker. You can order your staff a native lunch box and end your meal with an indigenous-inspired dessert platter. You’ll find treats like hibiscus wattleseed baklava, damper with native jam and cream, and lemon myrtle custard tart.
Bunji Catering (Melbourne) will take your office lunch to the next level. Try something light like the indigenous spiced chickpeas and herb-roasted vegetables. Or opt for the more hearty choice of the 14hr slow-cooked lamb in bush tomato.
How to cater for dietary requirements with native ingredients
Worried about all that emu, kangaroo and damper on the menu? Don’t worry. Our Indigenous catering partners are experts at feeding hungry office workers and keeping everyone happy.
Traditional Australian food lends itself to a plant-based diet thanks to its focus on plants and seeds like wattle seeds, and lemon myrtle. While berries and plums can be used as sweeteners to replace honey.
Likewise, if you’re looking for gluten free alternatives, you’ll find most menus packed with fresh salads, fritattas, and meat skewers. Something Wild even has gluten free crackers to go alongside its savoury platters.
Kallico Catering takes the crown for special diet catering. They have something for dairy free, gluten free, egg free, peanut free, lupin free diets and many more that you might not even be aware of yet.
Our satisfaction guarantee
We delight and deliver in
Your local team for advice, last-minute fixes, or incidents
Your local, dedicated corporate catering experts
Supplier Relationship Managers
Your local team vetting & supporting our catering suppliers
Your local team for navigating & troubleshooting the platform
We support the widest range of suppliers
Local small business
Promoting the best fresh & locally produced options.
Charity and social enterprises
Supporting through promotion, charitable & food contributions
Showcasing fantastic suppliers preserving history through food
We are committed to sustainability
Recyclable kitchen utensils
Opt for trays, cutlery and napkins that are recyclable, compostable, & sustainable.
Locally sourced ingredients
Local and vetted Australian businesses, providing fresh, high-quality food.
Supplier sustainability ratings
We rate our suppliers on important criteria, and showcase this to you.
Hear from our happy clients
‘Delicious food & great customer service’
Order In is perfect for keeping our kitchen well-stocked with food & drinks. We love the wide selection of snacks and fresh fruit. Michael from Order-In always goes out of his way to make sure we have what we need, and to recommend new products for our pantry. Highly recommend!
‘Excellent company to deal with, great food, great staff!’
They have a great selection of suppliers, and their customer service staff is second to none! I have had nothing but great service from them time and time again.
‘It makes my job significantly easier’
Order-In is the easiest possible way to access a great variety of caterers around. It makes my job easier and allows me to have some fun choosing on the way. Thank you for all your help and support.
What’s trending at EatFirst
Cristal is a seasoned writer with a decade of experience in travel, business, and lifestyle writing. As a self-proclaimed foodie, she's spent the last 18 years exploring the globe, savouring dishes from Mexico, Thailand and India—her top foodie destinations. With a penchant for spice and a weakness for chocolate, Cristal loves how her home of Australia never fails to impress with an incredible array of global eats. As an enthusiast in writing, editing, and SEO, she joined the EatFirst team in 2023, ready to share her enthusiasm and knowledge with fellow food lovers.
Get a personalised quote
Our corporate catering experts will work with you to craft the perfect experience, based on your individual requirements across budget, food type & dietaries.Get a quote