Christmas catering in Sydney for 2023
Treat your team to a mouthwatering Christmas lunch to celebrate the end of the year and start of the silly season in Sydney.
An absolute holiday classic, each kilogram of ham should serve about four to five people so it’s great for a gathering. Order in a few smoked hams, add a few sides and you’ve got yourself a Christmas feast.
Charlie and Franks will be cooking up 5-7kg maple glazed hams with a mustard and miso soy dressing (yum!) just for the holiday season.
What's an Australian Christmas without a bucket or two of big, juicy prawns? Whether you're just looking for something light and fresh or are hosting an outdoor party on a warm summer day, a seafood platter is the perfect treat for a Christmas lunch.
The Blonde Butler serves up prawns, oysters and the classic Sydney favourite - Balmain bugs - on its catered seafood platters.
Make your events shine
EatFirst's top-rated corporate catering services are how we got started, but we can offer so much more than just great food.
Wait staff, bartenders, crockery and cutlery, glassware, alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks, decorations and more.
Alcoholic and Non-Alcoholic Drinks
Glassware, crockery and cutlery
Food Types & Cuisines for Any Occassion
Sydney saw its great return to the office this year, and what better way to celebrate the end of 2023 than a stellar office Christmas party.
Whether you’re after a traditional turkey and roast or a good ol’ Aussie BBQ, a selection of finger foods or just lots of booze, there are endless ways to treat your team to a delicious end-of-year meal. Once the halls are decked, the tree is lit and the presents are opened, all that’s left is to feast!
No matter what you’re after this year, we’ve got dozens of options to choose from.
Ready to book your Christmas lunch?
Every diet covered
Nobody goes hungry on our watch! From gluten-free, vegan, vegetarian and halal, we have special diet options to suit all needs.
Best local suppliers
Access to the highest-quality food from the best cafés, restaurants and caterers in your area.
From product launches to annual conferences, our team can cater to just about any corporate event.
Wide range of menus with a-la-carte style options available for the perfect catering solution for your needs.
Do Sydney caterers offer special menus for Christmas?
Yes! For some, Christmas just isn't Christmas without a glazed ham or fresh fruit-topped pavlova. We get it!
It's a bit early for the 2023 menus, but these suppliers offered special menus for Christmas last year. (But of course, regular menus are also available).
- Cakes2U: A selection of Christmas cakes and desserts including red velvet and mud cakes, festive cupcakes (including vegan and gluten-free options), fruit cakes
- Catering Zone: Christmas seafood buffet including Tasmanian salmon, Queensland king tiger prawns, rock oysters and sides - or opt for turkey, beef or ham
- Charlie & Franks Catering: Seafood platters with Moreton Bay or Balmain bugs, freshly shucked oysters and prawns, feasts with ham, salads and cupcakes
- Corella Fine Foods: Cold Christmas buffet with a glazed ham, sliced turkey with cranberry jam, summer salads and a box of Christmas sweet such as mince tarts, cupcakes and rocky road
- Dr Dough Donuts: Holiday-themed donuts with plenty of festive colours and flavours including chocolate peppermint, passionfruit pavlova and banana trifle
- Flavours Catering: Fresh king prawns, wood-roasted salmon, Christmas puddings, plenty of finger foods and pavlovas
- Grazey: Christmas-themed grazing cups with cheese, cured meats, breadsticks, a house-made gingerbread man and candy canes
- MMM Catering: A proper Christmas feast with antipasto and cheese grazing boards, turkey, salmon, roast pork belly and plenty of sides, Christmas truffles, shortbread and gingerbread for dessert
- Munoushee Catering: A Mediterranean Christmas offering including halloumi pies, greek salads, hummus and tzatziki, kebbeh and DIY wrap stations with shawarma
- One Pot Catering: Premium canapes, Christmas cookies, mince pies and buffet set-ups with roast turkey and ham with
- Pablo’s Kitchen: A Latin America-inspired tapas meny with tostadas, Jamon serrano, marinated octopus, empanadas and quesadillas
- Vanilla Blue: Maple-glazed ham, Yorkshire puddings, carved (or whole!) turkey, fig and chestnut stuffing, grazing platter wreaths
- Wow! Catering: Roast turkey, glazed ham and poached prawn sliders, seafood platters with Balmain bugs, Sydney rock oysters, smoked salmon, sesame soy tuna and prawns
Do Sydney caterers supply vegetarian/vegan/gluten-free/dairy-free food for Christmas?
They sure do! And we've made it easy to find which items cater to dietary requirements on our menu.
When you're reading any of our menus, keep an eye out for the green symbols G, D, V and Vg like on the example below. G = Gluten Free, D = Dairy Free, V = Vegetarian and V= Vegan.
How far in advance do we need to order catering for Christmas?
The earlier the better, but if you have left it late - try not to worry.
Some caterers can turn around an order in just 24 hours if they aren't booked out. All of our caterer page, which will also display a menu, will note the turnaround time at the top right.
There's a clock symbol and the number of hours you're required to order in advance listed there. Sometimes specific items do require a longer lead-time, especially anything that's slow-cooked or special for a holiday, but this will be listed on the page as well.
Can catering be delivered anywhere in Sydney?
Yes! If you’re having your Christmas party outside of the office, as long as you’re in the Sydney area you’ll be able to get the order delivered to your venue of choice.
Is catering available on Christmas Eve in Sydney?
Yes, but options may be limited - even in Sydney. Technically, Christmas Eve isn't a public holiday so you should still be able to find a caterer. However like many businesses, some caterers do shut down during the holiday season when offices aren't as busy.
Christmas Eve does fall on a Sunday in 2023, so caterers that serve corporate clients could be closed that day too. Book early to avoid disappointment and to make sure you're able to lock in an order.
Is catering available on Christmas Day in Sydney?
Christmas Day does land on Monday in 2023, but it's always a public holiday, so many caterers are likely to be closed. We understand that not every Sydney business can close on public holidays.
So if you do have staff working on that day and want to treat them to something special you will still have options. Alternatively, your best bet may be to opt for items like sweet or savoury pastries, cakes and muffins that can be delivered a day or two in advance.
We cater for special events and occasions
Hear from our happy clients
‘Delicious food & great customer service’
Order In is perfect for keeping our kitchen well-stocked with food & drinks. We love the wide selection of snacks and fresh fruit. Michael from Order-In always goes out of his way to make sure we have what we need, and to recommend new products for our pantry. Highly recommend!
‘Excellent company to deal with, great food, great staff!’
They have a great selection of suppliers, and their customer service staff is second to none! I have had nothing but great service from them time and time again.
‘It makes my job significantly easier’
Order-In is the easiest possible way to access a great variety of caterers around. It makes my job easier and allows me to have some fun choosing on the way. Thank you for all your help and support.
Spending much of the last decade juggling eating her way around the world and working within the travel and lifestyle content marketing space, Alex joined the EatFirst team in 2022. With 15 years of experience under her belt, she specialises in content strategy, SEO, writing and editing. Some of her favourite eats include Japanese, Thai and Italian, and she’s a firm believer that pineapple has no place on a pizza.
Get a personalised quote
Our corporate catering experts will work with you to craft the perfect experience, based on your individual requirements across budget, food type & dietaries.Get a quote