These women-run and IWD-supporting caterers right across Australia ready to cook up a feast for International Women's Day
According to Beyonce, girls run the world and surely there should be more than one day to officially celebrate them!
But International Women's Day is about more than just that.
It's designed to "celebrate women's achievement. Raise awareness about discrimination. Take action to drive gender parity. IWD belongs to everyone, everywhere. Inclusion means all IWD action is valid."
So whether you're using International Women's Day to bring awareness to gender equality issues, are hosting a lunchtime event hosted by inspiring women who have truly excelled in their fields or do just want to treat your female employees to a special treat, we can help.
Our recommended caterers for your International Women's Day events
EatFirst's awesome caterers are ready to bring your team together for International Women's Day this March. Whether they are owned and run by women, or are simply ready to support the cause, check out our recommendations for you.
- Blackout Coffee and Catering: Cafe-style with plenty of baked goods, sandwiches and salads
- Entice Me: Traditional catering along with lunch boxes and ready-made meals (Sold out for IWD 2023!)
- Fingers and Forks: Asian-inspired meals and plenty of traditional catering options.
- South Terrace Catering: All-round caterers serving up just about everything including breakfast, lunch, finger foods, picnic boxes, grazing boxes and DIY meal kits
- Kinetto: Freshly prepared in Adelaide CBD, breakfast and lunch items served with a Greek twist
- Luxurious Grazing: The grazing table experts also serve up sandwiches, wraps and, of course, cheese and charcuterie boards (Sold out for IWD 2023!)
- Emerald Hill: Healthy, cafe meals including breakfast sandwiches, wraps, morning tea pastries, salads and lunch boxes.
- Sutsa Cake Bar and Catering: Delightful macarons, cakes, cookies and baked goods along with sandwiches and finger foods
- Black Truffle Catering: Fresh, local ingredients prepared into sandwiches, wraps and baked goods along with prepared hot buffet-style meals for larger groups.
New South Wales
- Charlie and Franks: A huge range of meals including Asian bento boxes, roast buffets, fresh salads, bowls and platters. (Sold out for IWD 2023!)
- Bella Catering: Picnics, BBQs and work lunches all covered, including a wide range of single-serve breakfast and lunch boxes.
- Flavours Catering: Corporate catering that suits every taste and dietary requirement. (Sold out for IWD 2023!)
- Mama's Catering: A taste of the Middle East, cooking up Turkish favourites and staff hire too.
- Sevenoaks Catering: Plenty of platters dishing up breakfast, lunch and teatime favourites.– Cindy (Sold out for IWD 2023!)
- Cosmic Coffee and Catering: Much more than just coffee, there's breakfast boxes, baked delights, hot lunch boxes and buffet packages.- Karen (Sold out for IWD 2023!)
- JustEat: Fresh, healthy and natural ingredients whipped up into salads, sandwiches and breakfast items.
What catering to order for International Women's Day
Breakfasts and teas
Our most common request from our customers is breakfast on International Women's Day.
Sweets, savouries, coffees and teas, we have plenty of options right across Australia so you can host the perfect meal at the beginning of the workday to celebrate the women in your office and all their achievements.
To step things up, why not make it a charitable breakfast too? Encourage gold coin donations in exchange for some fresh breakfast items and donate the proceeds to a charity, such as one focusing on women's rights or gender equality, that is important to your workplace.
A luxe lunch spread
Show appreciation and celebrate women's achievements at your company by hosting a special lunch for International Women's Day.
Whether a sit-down affair or a chance to mingle around grazing tables packed with cheese, meats and antipasto delights is best for your group, we're able to make it an unforgettable day.
Drinks and nibbles
International Women's Day falls on Wednesday this year, which means hosting a lunch session or after-hours talk with influential women leaders in your business, speakers chatting about how the first International Women's Day came to be, or just discussions about the importance of a gender equal world would be a great way to empower women in your workplace.
We always recommend having some nibbles and drinks available at events like these, which also offer a great opportunity for mingling before and after.
What is International Women's Day?
International Women's Day is a global day that aims to celebrate the social, economic, cultural and political achievements of women. The day marks a call to action for equality between genders.
IWD has been observed since the early 1900s and aims to highlight the achievements of women and the progression of gender equality, while still acknowledging the disparities that still exist today.
International Women's Day is a collective day of global celebration and a call for gender equality.
When is International Women's Day celebrated?
International Women's Day takes place on the 8th of March, which is a Wednesday in 2023.
Why should you celebrate International Women's Day at work?
International Women's Day is all about support, unity, celebration, advocacy and action. Whilst we have come a long way, we still have a long way to go. Aligning your company with the fight for gender equality, closing the pay gap and supporting women in leadership positions should be a priority for your business.
Being on a Wednesday, it's easy to celebrate International Women's Day in the workplace and using it as an excuse to bring awareness to the importance to gender equality, women's rights and equal pay
See some facts below about Australian women in the workplace today.
Why use EatFirst for International Women's Day?
Whether you want to treat your team with something sweet, or a staff lunch, we have you covered. From morning tea menus, grazing spreads and everything you need for after-work drinks, or cocktail parties.
Enjoy International Women's Day with your team in style.